NEC 2019 Convention April 12-14
2019 NEC Guppy Show Rules
Hosted by NEFGA
All entries must be pre-registered by April 5, 2019
Classes for the Guppy Show at the NEC Convention
1. Solid Color Deltas ( Blue, Green, Purple)
2. Solid Color Deltas (Red, Yellow, Black, Pastel)
3. Half Black Deltas
4. Albino Deltas
5. Any Other Color Deltas (Bi-color, Multis, Snakeskin, Bronze, etc...)
6. Swordtails & Veil tail
7. Females - Open
8. Novice - Open Female
9. Novice - Open IFGA Male (Delta tails, Swordtails, Veil tails)
10. Novice - Any Other Shape - Male (Widetail, Roundtail, etc...)
RULES COVERING THIS SHOW
1. Fish will be judged visually in accordance with IFGA rules, against a uniform black background with the light present in the room. There are no windows in the room.
2. Exhibitors to determine the class in which their entries will compete. Assistance will be available upon request to determine classification.
3. All entries improperly classified will be disqualified.
4. Tanks (0.37 gallon - mini “Kritter keeper”) will be furnished. No gravel, plants or decorative items will be allowed. The room will be heated to 76 degrees. Heaters and filters will not be provided and should not be needed.
5. Every precaution will be taken against loss or hazard of any kind. NEC and NEFGA cannot assume responsibility for any loss. The showroom will be locked overnight.
6. All entries must be born and raised in the exhibitor’s tanks.
7. Limit 3 entries per class.
8. Certificates will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each class, the Best of Show, and People’s Choice.
9. Guppies entered in the show need to remain on the bench until the show is over. Official show is Saturday, April 13th from 10 - 11 pm.
10. Convention Attendees showing guppies do not have to auction their fish! You may pick up your fish on Sunday morning.
11. Shipped fish must contain a matching female or two so that they can be sold as a pair or trio in the NEC auction on Sunday. Breeders will receive the standard NEC 50/50 split. Single males will be considered a donation to the NEC. Fish must be delivered Thursday or Friday.
12. Entry fee of $3 per fish. Convention attendees may pay their entry fee when they drop off their guppies.